Request a Quote
Multi Filtration Tester - 91600-4
The Multi Filtration Tester (MFT) complies in full with the most recent filterability test requirements for FAME and bio diesel under “cold soak” conditions. It is a special and adaptable device made to test the Filter Blocking Tendency (FBT) of kerosene, gas oil, diesel, and biodiesel (B100 & B5/7/20/30). There are pre-programmed test parameters for IP 387 and ASTM D2068.
By measuring the pressure difference across a disposable filter, FBT analysis is accomplished. High FBT fuels may be able to clog filters in the distribution system, when used in a car or power plant, or both.
The FBT for BX fuels containing bio components, such as FAME (biofuel), that have been “cold soaked” at a temperature just above zero Celsius is also calculated using MFT. Saturated monoglyceride (SMG) and sterol glucoside particles that do not dissolve when the temperature is raised to ambient can form during the 16-hour cold soak.
- Fuel oil filterability and blocking propensity portable test
- Testing of bio components, such as cold soak testing and FAME material
- Results in less than 15 minutes
- Automatic FBT and F-QF calculation
- Large LCD display, fully automated operation, and ease of use
- Simple temperature, pressure, and flow calibration and verification
International Regulatory Compliance Methods
IP PM EA/13