Request a Quote
AFIDA Indicated Cetane Number Analyser - SA6000-0
The innovation of AFIDA, which uses test method IP 617, enables for the fully automated determination of the Indicated Cetane Number (ICN) of diesel and fuels associated with diesel. The AFIDA test method EN17155 has been approved by CEN as an alternative test method for determining cetane number in the most recent version of EN590.
The analyzer has a Constant Volume Combustion Chamber (CVCC) and a patented high pressure injection system that produces small fuel droplets resembling those produced by common rail injectors found in most modern diesel engines.
When compared to solenoid controlled injectors and pintle type nozzles, an ultra robust temperature controlled piezo electric injector offers improved performance and consistency by offering rapid switching and highly repeatable fuel metering.
The analyzer offers extremely quick, accurate, and calibrated ICN determinations and tests.
- Outstanding compliance with IP 41, BS EN ISO 5165, BS 2000-41, and ASTM D613
- A variety of sample types are available, including middle distillates, blend components, biodiesel, FAME, XTL, HVO, heating oil, and Jet A1.
- Suitable for use with Cetane improvers
- Integral 36 place carousel and auto sampler
- Calibrated over the range of 35 to 85 ICN with industry-accepted PRFs
- Short analysis time of approximately 25 minutes per sample
- Advanced electronically controlled high pressure fuel injection system with piezo electric injector
International Regulatory Compliance Methods
- ASTM D613
- ASTM D8183
- BS 2000-41
- ISO 5165
- BS EN 17155
- IP 41
- IP 617
- ASTM D975
- ASTM D1655
- ASTM D7467
- ASTM D6751
- EN 590